Saturday, January 21, 2012

Dumpster Diving Report #2

Tonight wasn't a really good night, sadly. I spent more gas and time than stuff I found. I did,however,find a slice-o-matic in perfect working condition. This made me super happy because I've been wanting one for a long time. I also found a perfect working coin sorter which made me happy as well. I love going out because you just never really know what you're going to find. I may not have found much tonight but I got to spend some one on one time with my boys. I think that they only like to go out with me because I buy them drinks every time but hey, this momma isn't going to complain. I love my time with them and love their reactions when we find cool stuff. That's it for this week...more to come next weekend =)

2 comments:

  1. I have read about dumpster diving. I know that, when we lived in an apartment in a college town, there were always some good finds when the semesters changed--we are still using a stand up lamp we retrieved. Do you do tutorials? I'm fairly new to your blog and would love to know tips and trick. Where do you go? What to look for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually never thought about doing a tutorial. I go to places like Bed Bath & Beyond and Micheal's. This is where I find the majority of stuff. I look for things that I can use/want or someone I know can. The best time to go is on the weekend after 9 when the stores have closed(this way you don't have to worry about someone seeing you). You can pretty much try anywhere that has at least one regular dumpster vs. a compactor. If there's more that you want to know I'd love to share it with you. Maybe I should do an entire post on how to go about doing it. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete