Saturday, January 21, 2012

One Of The Hardest Decisions Ever

Yesterday while in an important meeting I got a call from the school telling me that Jaeden, my 7 year old, had punched a classmate so hard int he chest that the little boy had to be taken to the nurse. I thought that that was bad enough but when I went to talk to his teacher I found out that on Thursday while some high school kids were in the classroom he decided it would be a good idea to stab one of the with a pencil in the arm. The good thing was that she was wearing a coat so it didn't puncture the skin. He later said he did it simply because he got mad at her for taking the dice they were playing with away from him.We have been having increased troubles with Jaeden in the last month or so. He has always been a huge handful but lately he's been getting a lot more aggressive, lying and stealing as well. After leaving the school I had to make the decision to take him to the children's hospital to have him evaluated and admitted into the psych hospital so that his medication could be regulated. He is going to be staying there for at least a few days while they try to get everything under control. This was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. He was completely heartbroken that I was making him stay in the hospital and kept pleading with me to give him just one more chance. I think my heart broke into a million pieces last night. To make matters a little bit worse I got a call form the doctor this morning telling me that one of the medications his doctor had put him on was more than likely the reason he was being so aggressive. Right now I don't have much faith in the medical community at all. Not sure what the next steps are going to be. All I do know is that I feel horrible for having done this to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment